Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS!!!

Is there anything more iconic in children's literature then Dr. Seuss?  His books gave new meaning to early readers.  The pictures are fun and the play on words is even better.  We love Dr. Seuss at our house.  Here are a few of our favorites:


My son loves "the beezlenut juice."  So much, that when my dad comes to visit he buys grapefruit juice and calls it "beezlenut juice."  They are the only two who will drink it. 


This is a favorite from my childhood.



I don't ever remember reading this one as a child but my children love it.  A book about the environment well before its time.


They have printed some of them as smaller board books as well.  I love them. The rhythm is so great you can almost dance while reading them.  My kids seem to love these from a very young age.

So what is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?  
Read one today to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

There's a Wocket in my Pocket!! My kids have LOVED that one. It's not very well known I don't think. We made special red and white hats today to honor Dr. Suess!

Chelsea said...

My favorites are the Lorax and Oh the Place's You'll Go! They are so great!